Forgot Password? or Create an Account

Partha Ganguly

I am a practicing lawyer in the High Court at Calcutta as well as various tribunals such as DRT,DRAT, Consumer Forum, Administrative Tribunals etc since 2006.Also doing Insolvency and Bankruptcy case.

Location Kolkata

Area of Expertise Civil Law, Constitutional Law, Family Law, Property Law

Experience of Practice 11 years

Practising at High court at calcutta

Education LLB

College/University Calcutta University


Help "Partha Ganguly" to have own Lawyer in the Utility Network. Find solutions to any Concern.

Click here to Notify

Solve your Concerns, don't just Consult them.



Find lawyer from anywhere in India

Previous Activity

Partha Ganguly offered the solution

  • Avatar

    Vaibhav Shandilya asked for solution

    Jul 18 at 09:05 am

    Someday i saw a traffic guard taking bribe from the truck drivers without any consent. The truck where in huge numbers. Being at national highway they charge from every truck who stops at any signal. What law can obstruct them from doing so.

  • Partha Ganguly offered a solution

    Jul 18 at 12:32 pm

    no law permits anyone to take bribe, however nobody follows the same. here both the vehicle and the police were at fault,

  • Akansha Gulati Jul 29 at 07:17 pm

    There is prevention of corruption act, 1988, enacted by parliament of Indian to fight against corruption.

  • Pooja Almeida Jul 18 at 04:12 pm

    The Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 is an Act of the Parliament of India enacted to combat corruption in government agencies and public sector businesses in India.This law defines who a public servant is and punishes public servants involved in corruption or bribery. It also punishes anyone who h read more

  • Partha Ganguly Jul 16 at 10:55 pm

    Welcome Shobhit.

  • Shobhit Shukla Jul 16 at 10:34 pm

    Thanks sir ji

  • Partha Ganguly Jul 09 at 10:45 pm

    Dear Shobhit .. these are reported judgements of the cases i appeared before the High Court at Calcutta..most of this are concerning Civil matters, I have given the citations with it, i believe that will suffice..Reagards

View more

Partha Ganguly appreciated the post

  • Soni Shukla Nov 17 at 06:34 pm

    of or as the same kind. denoting a rule for interpreting statutes and other writings by assuming that a general term describing a list of specific terms denotes other things that are like the specific elements.

Partha Ganguly offered the solution

  • Avatar

    Vivek Jaiswal asked for solution

    Jul 16 at 06:47 pm

    Sir ek ngo register karne k liye kya kya procedure hai...minimum kitne members chahiye ek ngo ko establish karne k liye.

  • Partha Ganguly offered a solution

    Jul 16 at 09:27 pm

    In India a NGO can be registered either as a Trust under the provisions of Indian Trust Act, or as a Society under Societies Registration Act or as a Non Profit Company under the Companies Act 2013.

  • Partha Ganguly offered a solution

    Jul 16 at 09:59 pm

    A Trust is established where there are involvement of any property such as land or building. It is established generally as public charitable trust or religious endowments in name of some diety. One can get a trust registered by registering a trust deed before the concerned registering officer. One will need minimum two trustees for registration, there is no upper limit. Secondly for registering a Society under Societies Registration Act one need to register the society before the Registrar of Societies, you will need a minimum seven members as managing committee, there is no upper limit as such. Thirdly you can form a Non profit Company under section 8 of the Companies Act 2013, here you need to float a company by registering the same before Registrar of Companies (ROC) of the concerned city, minimum number of director needed is 3, there is no upper limit as such. In all the cases you need proper and prescribed form of instrument for registration. You are suggested to consult a professional lawyer for further help...Regards

Partha Ganguly offered the solution

  • Avatar

    Bhoomika Chauhan asked for solution

    Jul 16 at 04:50 pm

    Sir kisi v god yaa religion me faith karna hamara fundamental right hai na.. Agar koi hamse jabardasti ki religion ko mnwa rha toh mai kya karu.....

  • Partha Ganguly offered a solution

    Jul 16 at 05:59 pm

    Well no one force you to follow or not follow any religion or any faith whatsoever, this is your fundamental right guaranteed by the Constitution of India. Every citizen of this country is free to believe in any religion and even not to believe in God. If any person, organisation, group or sect or whosoever is trying to disturb you or your religious believe is punishable under law of the land, however the issue is a very sensitive and controversial in present India, but that cannot stop you to take legal action against the thing which you are saying. But my friend you will have to come up with details of your complaint for any further suggestion. One can even move before any Hon'ble High Court or even before the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India after complying with the preliminary stages, but for that i need specific information, In any case if it is a serious hit on your religion belief just go ahead for a legal fight. I will be glad to help you...Regards

  • Ankita Mishra Jul 24 at 03:39 pm

    See Freedom of religion is our fundamental right no one can stop it and its your wish to choice any religion and choice no religion is also a religion.

  • Pooja Almeida Jul 18 at 04:35 pm

    We have anti conversion laws in India which protects a persons right to profess and practice their choice of religion, Anti-conversion laws are promulgated on the premise that forced or induced conversions happen and need to be prevented. if somebody is forcing you to follow a particular religion I read more

  • Pooja Almeida Jul 18 at 04:26 pm

    Hi there, Freedom of religion is a fundamental right guaranteed by the Constitution of India under articles 25-28, nobody can impose their religion on you nor can force you from following your religion. If you have suffered from such infringement of your constitutional right either from your employ read more

View more

Partha Ganguly appreciated the post

  • Avatar

    Milon Mondal asked for solution

    Jul 14 at 11:48 am

    Civic Volunteers are admitted to help police not to act like police and behave like an officer. Right? But some civic volunteers forget what is their job role. They acted like an officer and took justice in their hand. But that is not permissable. If there is any problems occured, police did not take complients. What should we do?

  • Partha Ganguly offered a solution

    Jul 14 at 01:18 pm

    Primarily you are suggested to file a written complaint before the concerned police station having the jurisdiction of the area, in case the local police station refuses to take such a complaint, which they cannot do legally though, write a complaint addressing the Superintendent of Police of the concerned District detailing the entire episode and also do mention about the refusal of the local police station, please send a copy of the same letter to the concerned police station also. Here i will also suggest you to take help of a professional to draft these complaints for you so that the said complaints sound strong legally. Even if the S.P does not take a step and initiate a case against the civic volunteer you two options in your hand. Firstly you can move an application under Section 156(3) of the Criminal Procedure Code before the lower court or else you can directly move an application before the Hon'ble High Court at Calcutta under Article 226 of the Constitution of India against the illegal inaction of the Police. The Hon'ble Court will direct the police to act immediately and to initiate case forthwith. However for these steps you will need some professional advice, so contact a professional lawyer practicing in High Court.....Reagards

Top Solutions